How do you say thank you? - Showing Gratitude
We are so thankful you're here! While we're on the topic of gratitude - let's get right into our first topic: Saying Thank you.
After a customer has purchased a product or service from your business, what happens at the end of the transaction? How are you saying thank you to your customers or clients?
We live in a modern world where competition is rife in every industry. If you don’t stay memorable with your customers, it can be hard to encourage them to have any loyalty to your business.
One method that you can use to stay memorable with your customers is to say thank you. Not "thanks", but thank you. Just two small words, but they mean so much to the person you say them to.
Yes, that can be a verbal thank you as they leave your store, but today I want to share some additional ideas for making your "thank you" that much more personal, a real showing of gratitude.
The way that you say thank you will depend on the price point of your products or services.
For lower-value products, it doesn’t always make sense to send a personalized thank you message each time. So if that’s the case for you, then focus instead on your VIP customers. The ones that keep coming back time and time again, spending more money with your business.
If you sell higher ticket products or services, this gives you a little more flexibility to say thank you in a special way every time. You could offer a personalized gift that is unique to the customer or just something that is a little more valuable.
Some unique ways of showing gratitude include:
- Sending a handwritten thank you note - This is a nice easy option for E-Commerce businesses, for example, you can tuck a handwritten note in with every order.
- Providing an exclusive coupon or discount code - An less expensive option to reward a customer and encourage them to come back to your business to make a further purchase with you.
- A small gift such as a mug or a piece of merchandise - Branded merchandise is great as it can serve a purpose for the recipient, while also keeping your business top of mind. Think about something your client, customer, or donor could use every day - such as a coffee mug, mouse pad, or a nice set of pens. Remember, the quality of the gift will say something about your business too, so choose wisely.
- A gift basket - This is a more expensive option, but one that is common with car dealerships for example. They’ll often give a gift hamper or a bouquet of flowers when someone purchases a new car.
- Donation in their name - This can be really powerful when you donate to a cause that means something to your client or customer.
- A custom gift - This is the top end of saying “thank you”. An example here could be that your client loves a certain sports team or play. Buying them a pair of tickets to an event is a great way to show that you’re thinking of them, you appreciate them and that you listen.
It goes without saying that people love to feel valued and as they matter to your business. When a client, customer, or donor feels like you care about them, you build a better relationship and ultimately they view your business more highly.What can you do to say thank you today? Thank [you] for reading and talk to you soon! :-)Make it a great week,